I don't like to wait. At all. Right now I have no choice. All of my preliminary requirements are completed and now I just have to wait.
Palmetto Bariatric has to wait for my psych eval to come back. They said he usually takes 2-3 weeks to send it in. Tuesday will be three weeks, so fingers crossed. (He told me he would clear me, the fingers crossed is that he'll send it in by then.)
After that, Palmetto Bariatric will submit everything to Medicaid and then it's more waiting for them to approve the surgery. Once that's done, we can schedule the date. I have no idea how long that process takes, but I'm still hopeful that I can have surgery in June. I'd like to have it over the summer so I have time to recover before school (seminary) starts again. I also want to make sure we're still covered by Medicaid when I have the surgery since many insurance companies don't cover it and even if they do, we probably couldn't afford the co-pay.

My copay was $850. Which isnt bad... but seriously? I had to do a credit card. Its expensive
ReplyDelete