Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Take a Pill (or several) and Call Me in the Morning

Yesterday I had a check up with my general practitioner. It really had nothing to do with my weight loss surgery, but I did learn that my blood sugar and blood pressure have come down. And while my liver enzymes are still too high, they have come down as well.

I thought it would be a good opportunity to show one of the many reasons I want to have this surgery. Here is a picture of all the pills I take on a regular basis.
And here they are in their little dispenser.
These pills include a daily dose of Losartan for blood pressure, Metformin for blood sugar, Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism, Pravachol for cholesterol (although mine is in the normal range), Vitamin D, and a multiviamin. In addition to these, I take the following every few days or as needed: low dose aspirin, Aleve and Excedrin Migraine. My hope is that after surgery, I will only need the thyroid medication and the multivitamin.

UPDATE: I have also now been put on 500 mg of Magnesium.

I also test my blood sugar from time to time. My kids think it's fascinating to watch me prick my finger.
 
It's not fun and hopefully after surgery, I won't need to do it anymore.
Last, but not least, is my CPAP. I've been sleeping with one for around three years now. I'm grateful for it because I sleep well for the first time in years, but it's cumbersome and not very romantic.
If you'd like to read the post about how I got this baby and see a photo of the CPAP in action, go HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment