Thursday, August 28, 2014

I Am a Vegetarian!

Please pause for the sound of my grandad rolling over in his grave. My dad would do the same, but he's still alive.
Before anyone freaks out, I should clarify that I love meat. I think meat is great. I think God gave us animals so we could eat them (well, most of them and sparingly). I was raised on steak and potatoes. My grandad was a cattle rancher and my dad's mission companion was a potato farmer from Idaho, so that was staple food in our household. Growing up, my dad didn't consider it a meal if it didn't include meat.

However, I can no longer stand the taste (and usually the smell) of meat. I don't know why. My body has changed in a lot of ways and this is just one of them. Perhaps it will change in the future, but for now I get my protein from shakes (which is ironic since I didn't use to like milk), cottage cheese, refried beans, almonds and cheese. All very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment