I thought I would post an update of my stomach so you could see what my scars are looking like now. For the most part, they are healed, but still pretty red. The two that are where my waist band rubs are still tender at times and I still have a little bit of bruising. David pointed out that as I lose weight, my scars are moving closer together. Interesting. (This will be the last picture you will see of my stomach - you're welcome - unless it turns into rock hard abs like Jillian Michaels'.)
Pluses: My clothes, especially my pants, are fitting much more loosely than before. Some clothes that were uncomfortable are now baggy. I'm starting to get comments from people that are noticing the weight loss.Challenges: I have a hard time falling asleep. Not sure why. I've also learned that I can't eat tortillas yet. Learned that the hard way. I've also had a couple other throw up experiences. I'm getting used to this new body by trial and error. (Things are different going in and coming out. It's weird to have my body not work the way I'm used to.)
One of the hardest things is not being able to take Excedrin Migraine or Aleve. I can't fight off a migraine or body aches.
But overall, I'm feeling great. I don't have any pain at all. I do get really tired, but I think that's the result of so few calories. I'm very happy with the decision to have surgery.
UDPATE: One other major change is that I now get COLD! I have always been prone to feeling hot. When other people are freezing, I'm begging for the air to be cranked up. Now I keep nudging up the thermostat in the house and the car. I freeze in church. This is a completely new sensation for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment