I've written about how excited I am to be off my diabetes medication and about having my blood pressure medicine cut in half. The flip side of that is my body now has trouble absorbing all the nutrients it needs because my food no longer spends as much time in the small intestine. Consequently, I have to be sure and take vitamins, and they have to be the right kind of vitamins.
Fortunately, Celebrate makes vitamins especially for bariatric patients. Even better, they have a special program for people with financial need, so I get my vitamins completely free. (If you think you might qualify, go HERE to fill out a form to get started.)
These vitamins are HUGE! I have to take two multi-vitamins and three calcium tablets every day. The calcium tablets are about as round as a quarter and the multi-vitamins are really thick. Fortunately, they are chewable. I don't think I could swallow them. Unfortunately, I can't take the calcium tablets within two hours of each other or two hours of taking the multi-vitamin, so I have to keep track of the times and spread it out throughout the day.Best of all they're really tasty! It's almost like giving myself a treat. (I chose the berry flavored ones.)


No comments:
Post a Comment