Thursday, June 19, 2014

Things I'm Excited About

Skinny people - or people in general who are not obese - take a lot of things for granted. They have no idea what it is like to go through life as an obese person. Few things irritate me more than listening to a person with a perfectly healthy weight and body type complain about their weight and/or body.

Here are some things that I am looking forward to experiencing with a normal-sized body.
  • Hugging my husband without my belly getting in the way (same for slow dancing).
  • Sleeping without a CPap.
  • Sliding into a booth at a restaurant without worrying that I won't fit.
  • Buckling my seat belt on an airplane without having to ask for an extension.
  • Lowering the tray table on said airplane.
  • Picking something off the floor while buckled into the seat belt on a plane or in the car.
  • Being carried by my husband.
  • Fitting into an assigned seat at a theater or stadium.
  • Holding my laptop on my lap.
  • Holding my kids on my lap.
  • Trying on clothes.
  • Crossing my legs.
  • Holding my hands in my lap instead of my arms crossed over my belly.
  • Helping my kids ride their bikes.
  • Wearing a cute bra.
  • Feeling comfortable in a swimming suit (is that even possible?).
  • Going out with the women in my family and not feeling like the ugly duckling.
  • Not being tired all the time.
  • Riding all the rides at Disneyland (except Magic Mountain, it makes me nauseous).
  • Being a better example for my daughter.
Here are some things I'm worried about (not necessarily in this order).
  • Losing my hair.
  • Dying during surgery (I'm terrified of not waking up from anesthesia).
  • Being awake during surgery, but not able to let the doctors know I can feel everything.
  • Looking older and wizened (more wrinkles).
  • Excessive saggy skin.
  • Looking in the mirror and not recognizing myself.
  • Being thirsty. (I drink a lot of water and that will have to stop.)
  • Insomnia (some people suffer from this after the surgery).
  • Not losing weight despite the surgery.
  • Gaining the weight back.
I'm sure I'll come back and add to these lists from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment