July 7
I am so relieved to be approved and so nervous about actually going through with this. I'm trying to grieve for food now. So many of our family traditions are tied around food. I love to bake. I know that none of these things are more important than good health and being there for my kids, but I want to be realistic with what I'm facing. I eat lots of fruit and other carbs (bread!), I don't like many vegetables and we can't afford protein. That's going to have to change because once I can eat something besides liquids, it will have to be primarily protein and veggies. I'm meal planning now so I won't have to think about it later.
I have my pre-op doctor's appointment next Thursday and I'll be given more information about what to expect. I'm naively hopeful that I'll be able to travel to our family reunion the following week, but I know that's not likely.
I know there is a long road ahead of me, but I am so excited at the prospect of being healthier, looking better, having more energy and living longer.

No comments:
Post a Comment