On Monday, I have to start a very strict Atkins diet: protein and veggies, very little carbs. I'll be on that diet until the day I have my surgery. This is to shrink my liver so my doctor has an easier time accessing my stomach and intestines.
So essentially, come Monday, my diet will be changed forever - for the rest of my life. Consequently, wise or not, I'm trying to eat some of my favorite things between now and then.
I made homemade Mrs. Field's cookies last night. (I love the dough!)
Tomorrow David is going camping, so I'm going to take Baylie out to a Mexican restaurant. I think giving up Mexican food will be one of the hardest things for me. I've had some time to get used to it since Columbia doesn't really have good Mexican food. (Having lived 2 1/2 years in Mexico, I am a great lover of good Mexican food.)
My seminary class gave me a gift card to Olive Garden, so on Saturday, David and I are going out to eat to celebrate our anniversary and use the gift card. Usually we make a gift card last over multiple meals (i.e. just get soup, salad and bread sticks), but because of the circumstance, we need to blow it all on one meal. We'll be ordering appetizers, entrees, dessert and drinks.
Tonight I'm having my all time favorite food (and Baylie's) - popcorn! I hope that I'll still be able to eat a little popcorn after I'm all healed, but maybe not. And even if I can, it won't be for quite a while.





No comments:
Post a Comment