Saturday, April 11, 2020

Transformation Story

One thing that motivates me the most is hearing and seeing other people's transformation stories. I decided I should share mine.

I have been overweight ever since I can remember. I have pictures of me as far back as kindergarten where I am sucking in my cheeks to try and look thinner.
I was always active and athletic. And I was always overweight. For many years, I saw myself as even heavier than I actually was. I kept putting my life on hold, telling myself that when I lost weight, I’d _____________.
I managed to live a fulfilling life in
.spite of my weight, getting married, adopting two children, traveling to 32 countries, but everything was clouded over by my weight. My husband is 12 ½ years younger than me. We adopted our daughter weeks before I turned 40 and our son when I was almost 42. I had become diabetic. I was on medication for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. I slept with a CPAP machine. I was afraid of dying and leaving my family. I am not exaggerating when I say I thought about death every single day.
Finally when I was almost 300 pounds, I made the drastic decision to have weight loss surgery. It was the most physically painful thing I’ve ever been through.
I don’t regret that decision, but I sure wish I had found Optavia first. I lost 93 pounds and kept it off for three years. But gradually, the weight started creeping back. I was gaining about 10 pounds a year and I couldn’t stop it. I was so discouraged and confused. Most of all, I was scared. I didn’t like the future I saw laid out before me and I didn’t know how to change my trajectory. That’s when I found Optavia.
I started Optavia at almost 240 pounds. A sweet friend and now coach convinced me to give it a try after a year of watching her be successful on the program. I decided I would follow the program 100% - with zero deviation. I wanted to lose five pounds a week and would sometimes feel frustrated with losses of one to two pounds a week. It seemed like everyone else was losing more than me, but then I’d look back and see how far I was coming. Now, eight months later, I weigh 170 pounds! I haven’t weighed this since I was in high school. I am still working to overcome some of my mental hang ups as it’s hard to wrap my mind around this new reality.

Currently I'm a size 10 and weigh 170 pounds. Thanks to Optavia, I no longer wake up achy or sore. I have energy.
I sleep through the night without a CPAP and only need one pillow. I only take medication for hypothyroidism and my numbers are incredibly low. I can do whatever I want to do! 
The greatest gift Optavia has given me is freedom from fear. I’m not afraid of gaining a pound, because I’ve learned how to get right back on track and get it off. I no longer obsess about death; I think about life! I love the life I see laid out before me. I am in control of my future and have the tools I need to be successful in all areas of my life.
I am so grateful to Optavia and to my coach who didn’t accept “no” the first 20+ times I gave her that answer.

I even have a new emoji!

1 comment:

  1. I’m so proud of you my friend. Thank you for sharing your truth.

    ReplyDelete