Highest weight: 296.5
Starting Optavia weight: 236.8
Today's weight: 227.8
Total lost: 9 (68.7)
This weekend, I was very worried about going on a road trip. We drove from South Carolina to Knoxville to watch BYU play Tennesee in football (Go Cougs!). I was worried about being in a situation where I couldn't control all the variables. I wasn't too worried about temptations because my discipline and will power is usually strong when I have a specific goal in mind. Before going, I talked with my coach to walk through some possibilities and to make sure I had a good plan.
As expected, there were challenges. mainly due to the fact that I didn't have access to everything I usually do. But I prepared in advance, which saved me in the end. I packed a TON of my fuelings, especially the bars. I was pretty much sick of the bars by the time we got home, but I was able to take them everywhere - the game, church, on the road, etc., so that I never missed a fueling window. I also packed celery and cherry tomatoes to help me get in my vegetables. I packed lunch meat and cheese sticks so I could get in protein while my family ate fast food.
During the tailgate party, I was able to eat some amazing pork tenderloin, which was so delicious since much of what I ate over the weekend was bland. I wasn't hungry so I was able to skip on the chips, 7-layer dip, cupcakes, etc. The biggest temptation was the popcorn my kids ate in the car because I love popcorn.
I wasn't able to use MyFitness Pal and I worried about how everything would work out, but I knew that I was sticking to the basic principles of lean protein, veggies and no carbs, plus eating every 2 hrs. and 45 minutes so that my metabolism stayed on track.
In the end, the plan worked because I lost weight over the weekend and was able to get right back into my regular routine once we got home.
Plus - the Cougars won - so it was a fantastic weekend all the way around!!

No comments:
Post a Comment