Wednesday, February 4, 2015

NSV

In the weight loss world, we commonly refer to NSVs - non-scale victories. These are positive things that happen as a result of weight loss, even if the scale isn't moving. I thought I could start to share some of these as they happen.

For example, the other day I came out of the gym only to discover that someone had parked way too close to me. I figured I would have to get in on the passenger side and crawl over to the driver side. But I decided to try and squeeze in through the driver door. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could get in the car easily. I still see myself as taking up a lot more space than I actually do.

Another example happened last Sunday. David, my husband, walked up to me in church and didn't realize it was me until he was right in front of me. It completely caught him off guard. It was pretty funny.

These little things keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment