Tuesday, February 3, 2015

NO MORE CPAP!!!!

Today I had a follow up visit for my at home sleep study. Turns out I no longer have obstructive sleep apnea!! I no longer have to sleep with a CPAP! This is a huge milestone for me. I actually quit using it a couple months ago, but learning that I can officially leave it behind is very exciting.

When I was first tested, my API was 10 and my RDI was 17, which means I stopped breathing 17 times a minute. This falls in the range for moderate apnea. With the CPAP I got it down to basically zero. During my sleep study, my counts were 2 and 4, which are in the normal range. I still have to be careful to not sleep on my back as I still stop breathing when on my back.
My blood pressure was 121/70. I'm pretty sure it's never been that low before. It's basically normal. I'm still on medication, so I really want to try it without medication and see how I do. I'd love to get rid of one more pill.

My heart rate was 59. The Mayo Clinic says, "A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats a minute. Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitness." That makes me think that my heart is pretty healthy, so that was exciting too.

I was supposed to also have a surgical follow up visit, but the doctor's office lost all power this morning so they have to reschedule my appointment.

I bought a couple of new workout outfits. Here is one of them. I felt naked in just the tank top though, so I haven't worn it alone since then.
I still have fat rolls, but I feel like I'm getting narrower and narrower.

No comments:

Post a Comment