Sunday, February 15, 2015

Farewell Fond Friends


For many years now, my meds of choice have been Aleve and Excedrin Migraine. Excedrin Migraine takes care of my headaches like nothing else ever could. I was so grateful when I finally discovered it. Aleve takes care of everything else. Between these two medications, I could take care of pretty much anything that ailed me. Unfortunately, I can no longer take either of them. Because my stomach is so small, these medications will damage the lining. I miss them. The only pain medication I can take now is Tylenol and it does absolutely nothing for me. Never has.

Fortunately, aside from the massive headache I had in the hospital right after surgery, I have only had one migraine and it was mild, passing quickly. I have had a dull headache the past three days. The kind that shoots pain through my head when I cough. Excedrin would have knocked it out in 30 minutes. I've tried to just sleep it off and it is finally fading. I'm grateful it didn't develop into a nauseating migraine. I injured my hip a few weeks ago and it still nags at me. I didn't work out at all two weeks ago and last week I stuck to just swimming. I haven't lifted leg weights at all. Aleve would help so much with this.

Fortunately, overall I'm much healthier than before and I seem to heal faster. But I can't lie, I miss my favorite meds.

I don't know if I've mentioned this already, but the only other negatives I've noticed are 1) the fact that I get cold a lot now whereas before I was usually warm and 2) my bum gets tired from sitting now that there's less padding back there.

I'll take the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment