I thought I should document what I'm now able to eat. I'm currently able to eat "pureed" food, or anything without pieces. I can eat 4 oz. or 1/2 cup at a time. I can't drink at the same time that I eat or I risk stretching out my new stomach, so I have to wait 30 minutes between eating and drinking. I have to try and get in 40 oz. of protein a day and 64 oz. of liquid, primarily water. It was a little overwhelming at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. This should be my diet for the next few weeks until I'm able to handle more solid foods. So far I haven't thrown up anything, which is a good thing.
One of my favorites is cottage cheese. It has to be small curd. It's tasty and has lots of protein. This picture shows my portion size of 1/2 cup.
Here is a picture of my other staple foods: refried beans, tomato soup, mashed potatoes (mixed with cream of chicken soup), applesauce, protein shakes, Gatorade, jello and pudding.It gets boring, but so far I haven't been hungry or felt deprived at all.
The weight loss seems small, but I guess it's normal. Hopefully once I'm able to exercise it will pick up a bit. I'm also a little discouraged about my blood sugar because it's creeping up. Today it was in the 120's. As long as it stays under 150, I won't have to take medication for it.


So yummy
ReplyDelete