As of yesterday, I had lost 25 pounds. My mom always compares weight lost to inanimate objects. For example, I have lost a large bag of flour. Just think of that. Imagine carrying around a 25 pound bag of flour all day. I have lost that much! One quarter of a hundred pounds. Kind of exciting.
I don't see much of a difference, but I do feel less bloated and I think my face looks a little better. Best of all, I no longer have to take diabetes medication. My blood sugar numbers are now normal.
Today was my post-op doctor's appointment. I have been graduated to the pureed diet. That means I can eat more things, but I have to puree everything. I can swallow, but I shouldn't have to chew. For example, I got to have 4 oz. of mashed potatoes for lunch. It was so delicious! It took me an hour to eat it though. So far, nothing has made me gag or throw up, which I guess is pretty awesome. I'm going to try peanut butter and cottage cheese soon.
I'm having a really hard time keeping track of when and what to eat. David created a program for me where if I take a sip of liquid every 15 minutes, then I can get my 64 oz. of liquid a day without stretching my new stomach pouch. Then if I eat protein every three hours, I can try to get in my 40 grams of protein a day and then in between those meals, I can eat something else. Keeping in mind that I can only eat 4 oz. of food at a time. It's a little overwhelming. So, being who I am, I created an Excel spreadsheet! (I create Excel spreadsheets for pretty much everything...)
I am worried that I have pushed myself a little too far today with doctor's appointment, running errands and doing things around the house. I feel a little sore, but mostly just exhausted. Hopefully I'm not sorry tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment