One of the questions I get asked a lot when people find out I've lost over 100 pounds is whether or not I have excess skin. Why, yes. Yes, I do! I'm 52 years old and weighed almost 300 pounds. You can't come back from that without stretching your skin out. So here are some gross pictures of my excess skin.
In looking at these, you need to realize that I am currently only 8 pounds over weight. That means these pictures are not of fat, they are of excess skin.You also need to realize that excess skin is not pretty. But then, neither is excess fat. And given the choice, I choose the skin. It is not comfortable for me to post these pictures, but I think it is valuable information to share with others who are seeking weight loss.
This is the excess skin on my arms .
Excess skin on my thigh.And - worst of all - excess skin on my belly.
The good news is, that unlike fat, skin can be compressed into clothing. So no one needs to see it, but me. I'm proud of my body. It has been through a lot. It is healthy and it is strong. It is not perfect, but it is a gift and being healthy is even more so.





No comments:
Post a Comment