Saturday, June 20, 2020

Non Surgical Victories (NSV)

Sometimes the focus is so much on weight loss that I forget about everything else I'm gaining from this new life. I thought I had already blogged about my April lab work, but I can't find it so I'm doing it now. At that appointment, my blood pressure was 108/72.  That is well within the normal range. I have never maintained a blood pressure that low before. That is remarkable.

Below is a comparison of my blood work from June 2019 to April 2020.

Hemoglobin A1c dropped from 5.8 to 5.5
Cholesterol dropped from 195 to 157
LDL dropped from 128 to 100
Non-LDL dropped from 141 to 109
Glucose dropped from 96 to 49
eGFR rose from 105 to 108
TSH dropped from 1.9 to .9
T4 increased from 1.4 to 1.64
Vitamin D is 63, which is great

My HDL cholesterol dropped and my ALT went up, so I need to keep an eye on those. I also continue to have a high red blood cell count for some reason. Overall, I'm in excellent health. I imagine my numbers will be even better when I lose my final 13 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment