Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Latest Follow-up

I forgot to write about my last doctor's appointment. I didn't get any labs done. My blood pressure was good, so they let me cut my medication in half again. I go back in four weeks to see if my numbers are still good. If so, I may be able to go off the blood pressure medication entirely. I'm supposed to take my blood pressure 10 times in the next four weeks.
Appointment
12/2 - 106/64, 55 bpm 

Follow-up Blood Pressure
12/8 - 108/69, 60 bpm
12/10 - 113/72, 56 bpm
12/12 - 116/58, 50 bpm
12/14 - 128/83, 60 bpm
12/15 - 114/75, 58 bpm
12/17 - 118/72, 51 bpm
12/18 - 144/86, 54 bpm
12/18 - 138/76, 60 bpm
12/24 - 123/80, 50 bpm
12/30 - 133/78, 55 bpm
1/5 - 128/79, 57 bpm
1/7 - 121/78, 75 bpm

Our new insurance won't cover bariatric visits, so once Medicaid cuts us off, I won't be seeing the bariatric doctor's office anymore. I think that will be fine, but I will miss the follow-up.

UPDATE: I have been given permission to go off my blood pressure medication. WAHOO! I have to wait until I'm finished taking a series of antibiotics for bronchitis because that medication causes an increase in blood pressure. After that, I can go off it, but I have to keep track of my blood pressure for a couple of weeks to make sure it's still okay. Once that happens, the only prescription medication I will have to take is medication for my hypothyroidism and magnesium for my heart due to absorption issues that result from the surgery. This is so exciting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment