Saturday, May 16, 2015

Latest Doctor's Appointments

I had two doctor's appointments this week. On Wednesday, I saw my family practitioner and on Friday, the cardiologist.

While at the family practitioner's, I was sitting in the hallway and my doctor walked by. He didn't recognize me. He smiled and was friendly, but it was obvious it didn't register for him who I was. He came back a minute later and told me as much. My weight loss plus my change in hair color caused the confusion.

The visit went very well. My blood pressure was only 118/73, which is normal. I'm not sure when the last time was that I had a normal blood pressure. I'm hopeful that soon I can go off blood pressure medicine.
My Estimated Average Glucose was 111 (5.5%). This number continues to decrease and is considered normal. I also learned that when my thyroid was tested in February, it was only .5, which is a little low. They tested me again and may need to decrease my prescription, which would be cool.

The cardiologist visit was also good. I didn't note the numbers and they aren't available in the system, but I know my blood pressure was 108/something. My pulse and EKG were lower than normal, but since I don't have trouble feeling light headed and my energy levels are good, it isn't a concern. Never in my life have I had an EKG that didn't show up abnormal and have to be followed up with an echocardiogram. I don't have to go back to the cardiologist again.

My health continues to improve and it is remarkable to me.
Today I was at a recital and ran into one of David's classmates that has been a guest in our home several times. I greeted him warmly, but he didn't recognize me. It was awkward and embarrassing, but also kind of amazing. Once he figured out who I was, things were back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment