My 5K training is NOT going well. Last week I decided to run and just see how long I could go without having to walk. I made it 15 minutes before I ran out of gas and before my hip pain got unbearable. After that, I walked for 5, ran for 5, etc. until I completed 30 minutes.
I'm not worried about finishing the 5K, but there is no way I'm going to be able to run the whole thing. I'm disappointed, but realize that walking it is still better than what I could have done a year ago. After running, it kills my hip to even walk for a couple of days, so I am no longer trying to train by running. I'm just sticking to swimming. Once this 5K is completed, I don't care if I ever run again.
I paid my entry fee so I wouldn't be able to back out. Heaven help me!
No comments:
Post a Comment