Yesterday, I floated down the Provo River with my family and my brother's family. (You may have seen the photos on Facebook.) It was great to feel comfortable in my swimming suit and to not feel strangled by a life jacket. It was great to be able to sit comfortably in a tube for two hours and enjoy the amazing beauty all around me. But the most amazing part happened at the very beginning of the adventure. Everyone got in their tubes and somehow I was the last one in. The current was so strong that the group of tubes got swept down the river and I was just hanging on to the outside of mine. My knees and hip got beat up and I may have broken my big toe - the jury is still out on that one. But the good part is, I had the health and strength to pull myself up into that tube. I knew I could do it because I know my body is healthy and strong. This time last year, I was 75 pounds heavier and there is no way I could have done it. I'm not sure what would have happened. I probably would have had to fight to the shore and then spent the next two hours waiting for my family to finish their run - that is if I could have made it to shore. I'm so grateful for this change in my life.
I'm so grateful that with my healthy body it is so much easier to be active and enjoy the beautiful outdoors of Utah with my family.
This will be our last week of adventure in Utah and then we'll start the road trip home.
I'm so grateful that with my healthy body it is so much easier to be active and enjoy the beautiful outdoors of Utah with my family.
This will be our last week of adventure in Utah and then we'll start the road trip home.
No comments:
Post a Comment