We are currently at Disney World. The last time we were here was about 12 years ago. I was shocked when I looked at the pictures from the last visit. I knew that my energy level this trip was so much higher. My feet don't hurt, I can do any ride I want to. I am able to walk all day without getting tired. It's a completely different experience. There was one point today where I was holding Jalen on my shoulders and my feet started killing me. I realized that I used to carry twice that amount around on my poor feet.
I have noticed so many obese people at Disneyland. Many of them are on motarized scooters. I wonder if they are disabled or just unable to move themselves around the park all day. I'm so grateful that I am not one of them because I know that without this surgery, I would have become one of them eventually.
I am able to be the mother that I always wanted to be. I am able to keep up with my children. I am able to share their joys. I am so grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment