Monday, April 6, 2015

Setbacks and Compliments

It has been a rough month weight wise. I replaced the batteries in my scale and immediately jumped up four pounds. Then I had a little cake and ice cream at my daughter's birthday - and by little, I mean really little - and I gained two pounds. I haven't been able to get any of it off. Tomorrow is another anniversary date and for the first time I will have gained from one month to the next. It's incredibly discouraging and it's hard to stay on task. Even harder with all the Easter candy around here and I have not resisted temptation as well as I should have. 

One thing that keeps me going is the fact that I get a lot of compliments. It helps remind me that I'm still a long way from where I was, and that one little set back doesn't need to derail everything.

I was looking through some old pictures and was so shocked to see how much I have changed. That helps too. Now I just need to get back on track and I will also need to increase my workout time if I'm going to see any difference.
On another note, I colored my hair! I'm not convinced that I like it. David and the kids have said they don't like it, so I'll probably go back to gray. I would like to try it a little darker because the reddish color just doesn't look like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment