Sunday, March 1, 2015

Latest Follow-up Visit

Last Wednesday I had my latest doctor's appointment. It had been scheduled for earlier, but the office had a power outage, so it was rescheduled. There wasn't a lot to report.

Questions and Answers
Q: I'm only losing about five pounds a month now, is that an acceptable weight loss?
A: Yes. It's normal to start slowing down and five pounds a month is a good number.

Q: Is it okay to eat acidic fruit like grapefruit?
A: Yes. It shouldn't be a problem.

Q: Will I be able to go off blood pressure medication?
A: Unsure. After I lose 20 more pounds, we'll take me off it and see how I do.

Stats (previous labs found HERE)

  • Weight: 211 (last visit 225.6)
  • BMI: 35.1 (last visit 38)
  • Blood Pressure: 130/80 (last visit 134/83)
  • Pulse: 56 (apparently this is lower than it's supposed to be, so we'll have to see what they say about that)
  • Potassium Level: 4.1 (normal)
  • Chloride Level: 105 (normal - last time it was high)
  • Oxygen: 30 (normal)
  • AGAP: 6 (normal, but barely, probably low protein)
  • Glucose: 86 (normal, last time 88)
  • BUN (liver): 13 (normal)
  • Creatinine: .6 (barely normal, but last time it was low, so I guess that's an improvement, probably also a sign that I need more protein)
  • Bilirubin: 0.7 (normal)
  • Alkaline Phosphatase: 86 (normal)
  • AST (liver): 26 (normal, last time 35)
  • ALT (liver): 41 (normal, last labs 35)
  • eGFR (kidneys): 108 (normal, last labs 172)
  • Protein: 7.0 (normal)
  • Calcium: 9.5 (normal)
  • Iron: 103 (normal)
  • Albumin: 4.0 (normal)
  • Prealbumin: 20.2 (normal, just barely)
  • White Blood Cells: 4.4 (normal)
  • Red Blood Cells: 5.12 (high)
  • Sodium Level: 141 (normal)
  • HGB: 14.2 (normal)
  • HCT: 41% (normal)
  • MCV: 80.1 (normal)
  • MCH: 27.7 (normal)
  • MCHC: 34.6 (normal)
  • RDW CV: 13.4% (normal)
  • RDW SD: 13.4% (normal)
  • Platelet: 243 (normal)
  • MPV: 11.2 (normal)
  • Vitamin B1: 139 (normal)
  • Vitamin B12: 700 (normal)
  • Vitamin D: 38.6 (normal, but low end of normal, last labs 41.5)
  • Magnesium: 1.9 (normal)
  • Folate: 24 (normal)
  • Ferritin: 75 (normal)
I don't know what most of these mean. I'm just glad to see that for the most part they are normal. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about the high red blood count. I also didn't see a thyroid lab, so I'm not sure about those numbers.

I don't need to go back for fourth months, which will be my one year visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment