Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Three Months!

I can't believe it's only been three months since my surgery. It seems like forever ago. It's interesting because when I look in the mirror and see my face, I'm pleasantly surprised at how much better it looks, but when I see my belly, I can't help but be discouraged that it's still so big. Even so, I have the big picture in mind and I'm not in a hurry.
Heaviest weight: 294.5
Surgery weight: 272.5
Today's weight: 234*

*In the spirit of full disclosure, I should confess that my original scales broke. It was a combination of my kids jumping on them and the fact that they were about 15 years old. My new scales weigh a pound heavier than my old scales, but I'm not adding that pound back on. I'm just waiting for them to drop the pound and then we'll be on the same page.

In the spirit of full disclosure on my full disclosure, my mom suggested I add two pounds to my starting weight to reflect the difference in my two scales. So from now on, my starting weight will show 296.5 and my surgery weight will show 274.5.
I have started exercising again. I swim and lift leg weights on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and I do treadmill and arm weights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm really fortunate in that we have free access to a community center that is a short walk from our home that includes a salt-water swimming pool, weight room and cardio room. It's really a crime that I haven't taken full advantage of it the whole time we have lived in South Carolina. I track everything I eat and the exercise I do on myfitnesspal.com, a free tracking site. It's fun because my dad and sister-in-law Shanelle also use it. Knowing that they can see whether or not I'm tracking encourages me to do it.
I wear the same clothes as Jalen! (We're both wearing my pants.)
Perhaps for the next photo I should do something with my hair. Good grief!

No comments:

Post a Comment