I'm going to be out of town on the anniversary of my surgery so I had my annual follow-up today. At the appointment, they took my photo and measured my waist. Then they gave me the picture and the one they took of me at my first bariatric appointment. I was most surprised at the change in my waistline. It's 34 cm. smaller. That's just over 13 inches - over a foot - off my waist! That's hard to even wrap my mind around.
I was disappointed because my blood pressure was 122/84, which is slightly higher than normal (less than 120/80). I was hoping it would be closer to where it was at my last two doctor's appointments so we could try and take me off the blood pressure medicine. Oh well.My vitamin D and Magnesium are in the normal range, but just barely. I'll probably have to keep taking pills for those the rest of my life. The rest of my labs were all normal.
I finally got fed up with my thin hair and decided to wack it all off. It didn't turn out exactly like I hoped, but I think after it grows out just a little it will be great. It does feel good to have it all short and ready to start over. I hope it grows in healthier.


No comments:
Post a Comment